.

.

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Freshouttrend Blog Interview With EME Fast Rising Star "Shaydee"

Shaydee
Recently, the Nigerian Music Industry has witnessed a lot of fierce competition with both the old cats and the new breed trying to compete for the soul of music lovers across the country.
The current crop of new cats in the industry are not lying low and are taking things up a notch with quality materials week in week out and there seems to be no stopping for them as they aim to give the older generation a good run for their money.
EME’s Emerging act, SHAYDEE is among these new crop of acts aiming to take over the Industry in the very near future. He sat down with Olushola Trend Moses of Freshouttrend Blog to discuss everything music and much more.
1. Tell us a bit more about yourself.
I go by the name Shaydee. My real name is Adeboye Shedrack Folarin, I’m an Electrical Engineering graduate of University of Ilorin. I’m a musician and I don’t necessarily have a genre of music but my core is Pop and RnB.
2. How did music start for you?
Music started for me way back when I was in Secondary School when I was in the choir and I used to lead the group then. That actually built my courage, confidence and ability to do things and take up challenges, musically.
3. Were you convinced that music was meant for you then?
I actually got the conviction while I was searching for admission into the university. Then, I took about 2 years off to do my thing and I knew then that music was for me but I still had to go to School and even while in School, I had to balance the education and music together.
Won Gbo Mi
4. Any sort of support from anyone then?

Oh yes! I had a record label while I was in School but they decided to move on to other things. I’ve also been working with Spellz for a very long time now, even when I was pretty much unknown.
Lots of emerging acts in the industry right now. How do you intend to stand out from the rest and be unique?
For me, I think proof is the essence of the whole thing. I don’t really focus on what anyone is doing. I just do what I have to do in making good music and try to improve on my music. Everyone knows my style and once you hear my name on a song, you know it’s dopeness.
5. Tell us how you became part of the EME Crew.
I was in School and was still with my former record label then. There was a show in School where I performed and the EME crew also came to perform at that same show. Banky actually liked my performance and later on, he told me about his interest. We met up pretty much after and the rest is history.
6. Your relationship with Banky W as a boss and label mate.
You know, everyone knows Banky W as a very talented artiste and a great person and he’s got eyes to spot real talent. He always tries to make sure that things are going smooth in terms of everything. We actually might not agree on some things at times but as adults, we discuss and find a way.
7. Officially, how many singles have you dropped under the EME Imprint?
I have released about 3 official singles under EME. I released the first one titled ‘O POJU’ in 2012 which unfortunately didn’t have a video. I also released ‘WON GBO MI’ which featured featured my label mate, Wizkid in 2013, which is currently enjoying massive airplay right now. I just dropped the 3rd single titled CHAKAM and the video too is out and everywhere. So, that’s What’s up! 2 videos already and I plan to shoot more.
8. Where do you draw up your inspiration from?
Everything inspires me. I try to put myself in a lot of people’s shoes and because I’m a creative person, I try to make things work out in the best possible way. Music is food for the soul and supposed to make people feel a type of way. Life inspires me!
9. We love Murda by Seyi Shay ft. You and Patoranking. Can you tell us about some other collaboration with other artistes.
Ermm, The Murda song was written by me. It wasn’t actually planned at all. Seyi Shay and I were in the studio that day with Dokta Frabz and Frabz just came up with the melodious beat and I came up with the hook and we just got it. It was good and at some point, she decided she wanted to put Patoranking on it.
In terms of other collaborations, I have something with Naeto C, Pype, Piper. I wouldn’t let the cat out of the bag in terms of the others. Just watch out for Shaydee.
10. You’re being touted as one artiste to watch out for. How does that make you feel?
It just makes me more responsible. It gives me that energy and the impetus to do something new everyday, knowing that a lot of people are paying attention to me right now and it would just be right to do the best that I can always because this is what I love to do.
11. What’s your relationship with other acts in the industry?
Personally, I’m a very reserved person. I’m not an out and out type of person. I’m cool with everybody but I always love to keep my circle of friends small. I’m close to the StarBoy and EME peeps, Olamide, Naeto C and all.
Ti E Nikan
12. How do you see the competition with the new acts like Patoranking, BOJ, Runtown and the rest?
I’m happy that a lot of artistes are coming up strong and doing their thing in their own way. Everyone got his or her own style of music, so that shows that there is enough space for everyone to excel. I’m just doing my thing and will wait for God’s time without resting on my oars.
13. Your Best and Worst Show?
My worst show was a show I had in School. Pretty much unknown and they just chased me out of the hall without any form of recognition.
My best show was actually at the BADDEST Concert in 2012. I performed “O POJU” with a live band and the reception was wow!
14. The best producers you’ve worked with?
Back then, we really didn’t have much producers but right now, we have a whole lot of them. I’ve worked with a couple of great producers like Sarz, Sagzy, Spellz, Del B, Legendury Beatz and the rest. I don’t look at names when I work but the talent and the connection of the person’s work and the kind of music I do.
Girlie O by Patoranking, Surulere (Remix) by Dr. Sid, Show You The Money by Wizkid,
Tchelete by Mafikizolo & Davido, Amorawa by Wande Coal & Burna Boy.
15. Any new single dropping soon?
Before the end of the year, I’m gonna be dropping another single and probably another video. That’s the immediate plan so stay tuned for that.
16. Last Word for the fans?
I just wanna shout out to my fans. You know, the ones that are not my fans yet. I just wanna tell you guys to be open minded and give us a chance to express ourselves musically. God bless you guys for supporting, for downloading and watching the videos. I will do all I can in my power to make the best possible music for you guys to enjoy.
Before I forget, God bless FRESHOUTTREND BLOG #Team Freshouttrend for the support over the years. I really appreciate it. Twitter: @freshouttrend BBM: 32F0BEFB

No comments: